Newsletter: Summer 2015
Rugby World Cup comes to Brighton……..come and join in the fun!
On Sunday 20 September there is a cultural festival to celebrate the RWC. Following composition workshops at 5 schools, James Redwood has composed an uplifting work involving catchy songs, body percussion and chants based around super powers. This will be performed on the New Road stage, twice in the afternoon by young people from 15 different primary, secondary and special schools. They will be accompanied by the Brighton & Hove Youth Big Band. There will be lots of other family friendly attractions (musical and otherwise) around the city centre so come on down and join in the celebrations.
WANT TO TAKE PART?
We are looking for expressions of interest from musical acts/musicians from across Brighton and Hove to perform a short slot on the Music Stage at New Road in Brighton, on Sunday 20 September.
We are looking for:
- Bands/ensembles/community music groups/choirs/soloists
- Music which is family-friendly, upbeat, positive
- Acts that can perform between 15 - 30 minutes of musical material
- Availability between 12midday and 6pm on Sunday 20th September (if selected, you will be assigned a slot during this time)
- Acts that can provide us with full technical specification in advance
- Acts that can send us a recording/video of the music that they will be performing on the day (or alternatively, provide a time/venue that we can come and hear you playing live)
We are currently taking expressions of interest (apply here), and we will be in touch ASAP with confirmation of your slot. If your act is selected, you will be asked to complete a more detailed online form with technical specification, contact details, act details, and so on.